Pros and Cons Globalization ?
- The expansion of cultures worldwide as food, beverage, architecture… We can talk about ‘Americanization’ but there is also a ‘Frenchization’ abroad, or a ‘Chinization’ in almost all country there is for example French wine or Chinese noodles..
- Travelling is easy. Nowadays flying to Shanghai or New York or Indonesia is as easy and as expensive that going in London or Toulouse.
- International work opportunities is one of the most important advantage of the globalization. Companies try to decrease their production costs with warehouse, suppliers and production lines in low cost countries.
- A diversity in each country, globalization bring the best of each culture and countries to share it in all the world and every country, for instance french food, american movies, japanese video games…
- Reduction of the social gap between developed countries and emergent countries.
- Recreation and hobbies are enriched thanks to the opening of the world. For exemple, sports, cultural events and shows broadcast in live bringing people together.
- There is a huge Demographic risk. In fact, we will see a surplus of workers and extent of labor shortages in some countries. It’s a threat for the global economy.
- Environmental risk, we produce and consume a lot but without thinking about the environment. Pollution is increasing by the productivity rush of each country.
- The end of a real ‘traditional life’. When you travel throughout Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodge, Laos, there is a ‘fake traditional life’ for tourists. Those countries lives mainly thanks to tourism but they also have to adapt their food, houses, hostels… for tourists and you realize when you go to places without foreigners that certain cities do not have the original shape. (example : Kuta Bali or Ubud).
- Support an economic system based on hyperfinance where the gouverments allows the risky investments and especially the speculation on essential needs
- Big monopolies in industries such as aircraft, energies… The end of start up in those industries, they can make their own prices, no competition. And this is people like us in every country which will suffer of this ‘tyrannie’
- Globalization facilitates the transport of bad things such as AIDS, Ebola, diseases, guns and weapons or drugs