- Traditional purchase behavior
- Internet development
- Online purchase behavior
- Advantages a) Convenient b) Multifunctional c) Multi-selectional d) Do not need to go to the crowded malls for buying e) Fast and synchronous f) Without the time limitation
- Cases analysis a) eBay 1) eBay enjoys a huge success in USA, but is facing to intensive competition in some main countries of the Far East. 2) PayPal accepts over 20 currencies, which pleasures consumers world widely. 3) eBay as one of the well-known e-commerce companies has influenced a lot. b) Amazon 1) Internal analysis * Scale: the largest and most widely users retail website which account for 20% online business users in the world. * Customer Distribution: 35.4% from the north America, 31.8% from Europe 24.1% from Asian. * Main three categories: Book、Music、Video * First touch: Well known in China by book business 2) External analysis * Marketing Strategy: Product Strategy Price Strategy Promotion Strategy * Opportunity: Amazon.cn c) Taobao 1) Customer basics: their age range is 15-45, mostly are around 18-30, among which, 64.66% is female. They are from all works of life, especially students and white collar. Before 2011, more than 370 million people already has Taobao account and now, which comes to 1 billion maybe. 2) Customer distribution: mostly from China, in which 12.2% from Guangdong, 11.8% from Zhejiang, 9.2% separately from Jiangsu and Shanghai and so on. 3) Sale: In 2011, the turnover of Taobao is 610 billion, accounted for 80% of the China online shopping market. 4) Origin: Taobao was founded in 10th May, 2003 by Alibaba and during the 11 years development, nowadays, its business includes C2C and B2C two parts. 5) Features and advantages: * Taobao is like a virtual supermarket, you can buy every daily supplies on it. Clothes, foods, books, perfumes, sport products, anything you can come up with and you cannot come up with. * For the same products, you can have thousands of choices with different price. * The website is better organized and decorated. * The global purchase allows Chinese to buy products from other countries easily. 6) Marketing strategy : * Pay attention to the organization and decoration of website.
* Use catchy words to attract the browser.
* Develop It’s own chatting software and third party payment tools “Alipay”to facilitate the trade between sellers and buyers.
* Promote it’s products on many famous website like ”Baidu” and ”Weibo”
- Limitation of global online purchase a) User experience b) Transportation c) Returns